Ombre Powder Brows, Soft Shading or Soft Ombre Brows - is a newer and improved technique of eyebrow micropigmentation that can create soft powders for the most natural and customized eyebrow look that enhances your face shape.
This method has been around for over a decade and is performed using a digital or cosmetic machine using a single needle(s) to deposit pigment on to the epidermis. This procedure is all on surface work, resulting in a soft and powdery "almost make up filled" healed eyebrow look.
Can last between 1 -3 years, depending on skin types, lifestyle and aftercare.
Perfect & suitable for ALL skin types.
During the initial session, we will discuss the entire procedure, expectation, lifestyle, pigment colors and desired brow shape. Please feel free to come in with your brows already groomed, shaped and filled the way you would on a day to day basis.
Most consults are discussed via phone/ text for conveniece. Please send a picture of your brows in natural lighting at least 1 week prior to your appointment date. Please include a brief descrption of what you are wanting to achieve with the powder brows treatment.
We will measure (using various brow tools and makeup) to achieve your desired brow shape that's proportional and symmetrical to your bone structure and face shape (soft vs bold brows). This measurement is based on the "golden ratio". This session is about 30-45 mins.
My priority is to enhance your natural existing shape. Please have realistic expectation. There are no guarantees of perfect proportions and/or symmetry due to facial bone structures and muscle movements.
Once brow shape is approved by the client and artist, we will begin our procedure. Numbing agent is used to help with any discomfort. Pain is subjective, level 1-4 (on a 1-10 scale). The procedure session takes appx 1-2 hours. Absolutely no one is allowed in the treatment room once the procedure begins. Please all 3 hours for your appointment .
Right after session, your brows will appear darker, bolder and more defined in color. Over the next few days it will be thicker an darkest as scabs begin to form. Scabbing to be over by day 7-10. Please plan accordingly. Once scabbing is over, the pigment may appear to "disappear" but as your skin regeverates, your brows will slowly reapper in a lighter shade in 2 weeks.
Healing result will vary with each client. Everyone heals differently due to skin types, lifestyle, and aftercare. Once healed at 4-6 weeks, you may apply sunscreen as a daily regiment. The will help delay the fading an shrinking of the brows. Please keep in mind your healed brows have faded up to 40% and most likely shrunk in size.
Two appointments are highly recommended for the desired result. Your first touch up session is recommended at 6-8 weeks to adjust any slight changes and to "perfect" brows. Some people will want and require more than 1 touch up ( additional touch up available at minimum charge) until they achieve the desired brows (darker or bolder brows). Annual touch up sessions are recommended for a color boost.
PRE-PROCEDURE CARE| OMBRE POWDER BROWS
POST-PROCEDURE CARE | AFTERCARE
• Avoid washing treated area for the first 24- 48 hours.
• Expect slight swelling and a little redness in the immediate area. If brows are dry and itchy apply a thin layer of Aquaphor.
• Wash with gentle soap or antibacterial soap and water for 10-15 seconds and pat dry. Do not scrub while washing.
• Keep the area lightly moist with sterile Aquaphor given to you (not overly greasy) 1 or 2 times a day (morning and night) for 7-10 days. If slight crust appears on pigmented surface, do not force removal by picking or scratching!! (You will remove pigment along with crusting) Brows are not considered healed until all crusting has exfoliated.
• Don’t be alarmed if color comes oﬀ when applying topical ointment. This is normal.
• Avoid eyebrow pencils, makeup and do not put powder on the brows (to lighten)
• Avoid tinting of brows for 3 weeks following the procedure.
• Avoid hot, steamy, long showers. A thin coat of Aquaphor over the pigment is recommended before showering.
• Avoid excess sweating/natural oils around brow areas during the first week.
• The procedure may have some peeling on or around the 3rd day. This is a normal process of healing for some clients. Do not Pick or Scratch brows. Picking can cause scarring and loss of color.
• The application of permanent cosmetics can be a 2 step procedure. Do not judge your procedure while in the healing stage. It may require a touch up.
• Avoid sun exposure, chlorine pools, saunas and jacuzzies for 7-10 days following the procedure and touch ups.
• Avoid direct animal contact around brow area.
• Avoid makeup on pigmented area until healed.
• Avoid Retin A, Glycolic Acids, Aloe, and Vitamin E products.
• No Terry Towels on pigmented areas. Use a lint free cotton pad.
• No Gardening for the first 3-4 days to prevent possible infection.
• If you are planning a chemical peel, MRI, or other medical procedures inform them that you have had an iron oxide cosmetic tattoo.
• You must wait 1 year after any tattoo to give blood.
• Lasers can cause pigment to turn black. Avoid the procedure site.
• If any signs of infection occur, abnormal swelling, redness or pain associated with the procedure, call you physician (and please give us a call).
• After you have healed, use a good sunscreen (30SPF or more) daily to help prevent premature fading of all procedures.
All permanent makeup procedure results will vary and is unique to each individual due to skin type, lifestyle and aftercare. Touch ups are optional for existing clients- a color boost session to get to desirable result. Results are not guaranteed, please have realistic expectation prior to booking your appointment.